Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Yes, i know about fan.

I did a contact with HP Brazil (two days ago now) but they send my issue to "second level support" and I'm here with a new notebook wich doesn't work.

Protocol number 8066-352501.

I'm waiting. 

HP Recommended

ningunas de las respuestas que he leido me han servido ya que no explican que es el OS...ni que es el BIOS...y menos el power drain

HP Recommended

@hp902

Hi,

Try to perform a hard reset:

Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset

When above step will not solve your problem, try to clean vents by using compressed air:

Reducing Heat Inside the PC

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

My fan stopped working, I took it to have it looked at and was told that it would need to be sent in.  I work from my laptop most of the time so to be without it would be very inconvenient, so I had one of the IT guys at work look at it and he also suggested it would probably need to be sent in as well.  After using an air can on it several times and the fan still not turning, I took a paper clip and stuck it between the fans to slowly turn the fan.  After a minute it started spinning a little easier so I took the air can again and it started to spin regularly.  I turned my laptap on and there was no more error message and the fan is now working perfectly. 

HP Recommended
Pls how do i do dis power drain cos any time i put it on after showing d message it shut down on it own.pls help
HP Recommended

Hi Guys, 

i am holding (Hp Pavilion DM4) it shows the same error of (902 Fan Error) while i am entering to winows 7. the questions is that can i use the same tenchique as below to solve my problem?

This Error Indicates that you have a problem with the System Fan (which is either not running or running slower than required speed)...I would suggest doing a power drain and see if the system allows you to boot into the OS... if yes, update the BIOS and check, if it does not fix the issue, than you will need to contact tech support to have the fan replaced...

HP Recommended

pls am having problem with my cooling fan, It didt allow my sistem to boot at all

HP Recommended

Hello @Walepeter,

Your computer is suffering from an issue regarding your cooling fan, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

There may be a good chance that you may have to replace the fan, but you  can try these steps before doing so.

• Use canned air to clean the vents
  • Update to a current BIOS version if one is available
  • If you feel comfortable you can break the computer down and use the canned air to clean the fan

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
please i have a cooling fan error (902), i change the ventelator(fan) but still this error persiste and i can't enter in OS.

how can i do?

HP Recommended

Hi azitec,

I saw your post about the fan error. So you replaced the fan but you are still getting that error message. I am assuming that since you replaced the fan that you took the opportunity to blow out any dust in that general area with compressed air or something similar. I would start by double checking the connects to make sure that something has slipped or didn't get connected properly.

How far does it allow you to boot up? Do you get the error message right away? Can I also get your operating system and product number?

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Finding your OS:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.