Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I extracted the hd and then tryied to boot, but I got the same error... I'm going to copy the important data from the disk just in case.

We've reached a dead end, right? Any other idea?

Thanks for your time!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to say, but I think you're right - that's pretty much ruled everything out apart from a fault on the Motherboard.

Best regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

My Friend:
 I have the same problem, with a DV4 2116LA
I have read in Internet that blowing hot air into the cooler outlet (with a hairdryer), will enable the notebook booting.

Since I was lost and needed to boot the computer, and did not have much else to lose, I did try and to my surprise the computer and it worked perfectly.

But the problem persists and everytime i start it should apply hot air. Obviously this resolve the contingency, but the computer loses all sense and practicality.

I understand that the computer during startup, verify that  the heat sink is mounted and is able to extract the heat. For some reason that  I do not know, this check fails and then the computer will not boot.

Then, why heating it works? Probably because the initial test checks the  temperature rate of change, only  immediatly after turn on the computer. When heat is applied, the temperature sensor is out of range and then the rate of change of the temperature is zero (is out of range and max) and the boot computer normally.

Would be good that HP do something about this, cause sounds a design latent defect,  since a lot of units of this models present the same failure.

I appreciate HP  or somebody  share the solution if found.

I wish not hear:  "you should replace the motherboard", but "unfortunately this model was discontinued last year"...be creative!

Best Regards

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.