01-26-2013 08:16 PM
I just Bought Envy dv6, after inital setup i found that the double tap is not working as expected, i mean i am unable to drag & drop anything nor i am able to select any text.
I checked all the possibilities from control pannel and Synaptics options, i also tried to reinstall the touchpad drives but problem is still there.
If i tap more then 2 times some time i am able to drag any object but mostly it just ignore the taps!
Is there any solution for this issue or should i sell it as it is? its extremely frustrating!!
Thanks in Advance.
Notebook: HP ENVY dv6 7210TX
OS: Win8 64 bit (shipped with Notebok)
01-30-2013 04:46 PM
I would recommend downloading the synaptics touch pad driver directly from synaptics website. This will be the most recent driver available for your notebook and may improve the functionality.
Here is a link to their driver downloads: http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)