Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi

Have an  Elitebook 840 G1 Power button + Caps Lock Flashing. It is not powering on

I tried:

- take battery out and power on only with the charger being plugged in - NO LUCK

- Same battery works in another Laptop of the same brand , charges and OK

- Charger and cable works on another laptop of the same brand, charges and OK

- Swapped Battery - NO LUCK

- Swapped RAM Memory Modul - No luck

- Tried to hold down the power button for longer than 60 seconds when laptop is with the battery removed and only the charger is connected - No luck

Anyone knows how to bring this one back to life?

Regards

Viktor MadaraszElitebook 840 G1 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you followed all recommendations on this page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

I know this may sound strange:

1. Look up how to remove the keyboard on your specific laptop. See page 71 of this document:

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04655205-1.pdf

2. Follow the directions to remove it, including disconnecting the flex cable.

3. Now see if you can power it on.

If you can power on the laptop once the keyboard is disconected, your keyboard may be defective.

HP Recommended
Hi Sorry for the late reply I removed the keyboard and both of its flex cables from the laptops connectors. I tried to power it on with and without battery and charger connected Same issue I called HP they will come have a look at this one Someone else suggested they saw the same symptoms being a possible motherboard issue/replacement Thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.