Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook 11-r010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Please assist with error on blue screen 0xc000021a it keeps going to the diagnosing and restart. What do I do to fix this and work as normal? Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for following the instructions strictly.

This error 0xc000021a is usually an indication of a software problem with Windows itself. I just asked you for a hardware test to be 100% sure and to rule the hardware out. Based on the official article from Microsoft >here< something got corrupted (due to virus/malware infection or else) , thus the error happens.

In this case there is not much that could be done other than trying "Windows System Restore" in attempt to see if this will be able to boot the PC  or  completely restaging the device (reseting to factory default condition).

SYSTEM RESTORE

System Restore is a software program (recovery function) available in all versions of Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP.

System Restore automatically creates restore points, a memory of the system files, registry and settings on the computer at a particular point in time. One can also create a restore point manually. Then, when you use System Restore to restore your computer to a point in time before an issue started, System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected, though.

Repeat steps 1-2 above but when HP Startup menu (Esc) opens, please choose F11 for System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from it's recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. Every HP computer comes with recovery partition present to assist in tough moments.

Perform "System Restore" first in an attempt to fix the issue. Restore back to previous days (restore point) where the issue was not present. Here is more and a video instructions:

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545#AbT5

Let me know if this helps.

If System Restore does not work, next step would be performing HP Recovery (Reset) option to restore the machine to factory default condition. If you need to back up important files prior to the procedure, please let me know.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Cmone

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Welcome !

BSOD is kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss.

In order to troubleshoot, I would need some specific information.

Test your hardware for issues

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately start hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

If the tests pass without issues, continue. If not, please, let me know

Post back the results.

Based on this Microsoft article > https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560177(v=vs.85).aspx

the issue could be caused by some Windows corruption or some virus/malware.

Did you perform something, some change, some new installation  before the issue started ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Hello, I completed the system quick test and all passed. Attempting to exit and stuck in a loop of are you sure? Yes. Then it takes me back to hardware diagnostics UEFI screen
HP Recommended
After getting out of the UEFI screen it goes back to the loop that has the error.
HP Recommended
This is my daughters computer. She said the internet was not connecting so she force shut down the computer. When she turned it back in the error kept appearing.
HP Recommended

Thank you for following the instructions strictly.

This error 0xc000021a is usually an indication of a software problem with Windows itself. I just asked you for a hardware test to be 100% sure and to rule the hardware out. Based on the official article from Microsoft >here< something got corrupted (due to virus/malware infection or else) , thus the error happens.

In this case there is not much that could be done other than trying "Windows System Restore" in attempt to see if this will be able to boot the PC  or  completely restaging the device (reseting to factory default condition).

SYSTEM RESTORE

System Restore is a software program (recovery function) available in all versions of Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP.

System Restore automatically creates restore points, a memory of the system files, registry and settings on the computer at a particular point in time. One can also create a restore point manually. Then, when you use System Restore to restore your computer to a point in time before an issue started, System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected, though.

Repeat steps 1-2 above but when HP Startup menu (Esc) opens, please choose F11 for System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from it's recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. Every HP computer comes with recovery partition present to assist in tough moments.

Perform "System Restore" first in an attempt to fix the issue. Restore back to previous days (restore point) where the issue was not present. Here is more and a video instructions:

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545#AbT5

Let me know if this helps.

If System Restore does not work, next step would be performing HP Recovery (Reset) option to restore the machine to factory default condition. If you need to back up important files prior to the procedure, please let me know.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help. There is no system restore available. There is an X. I need to take this computer in for repair. Thank you for your help.
HP Recommended
Finally fixed! I have no idea what was going on with my daughter but my tablet also went into the same loop! I was able to sit down and use your instructions you provided for my Winbook and her HP! I was finally able to reset both. The HP took a really long time. But functioning like new! I'm no computer wiz. Thank you for being patient and assisting. Problem resolved!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.