Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 17-g192nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new Pavillion with Core i7 processor and SSD hard drive.  When I install Trend Micro and restart the machine, it will not restart Windows.  Stops at a screen that says it cannot restart windows and the only thing I can do is put the machine back to the latest refresh point that does not have Trend installed.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

I have Windows 10 and Trend Micro working fine on my Dell desktop.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@P-Matt

@WAWood is correct -- we cannot debug your security software.

All else being equal -- if you do not find something substantive, check / consider:

Find your Trend software in Services > Right-Click on the program / service > Properties >

If available for this program, set the Automatic Start to "Delayed"

In some cases, delaying the startup of the security software can give other critical Windows services a chance to start up and "get going" before Security settings stomp on them.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

P-Matt

Unfortunately, HP is not able to provide support debugging problems with third-party products.

Your best approach would be to contact Trend Micro about this problem:  https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/index.aspx

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@P-Matt

@WAWood is correct -- we cannot debug your security software.

All else being equal -- if you do not find something substantive, check / consider:

Find your Trend software in Services > Right-Click on the program / service > Properties >

If available for this program, set the Automatic Start to "Delayed"

In some cases, delaying the startup of the security software can give other critical Windows services a chance to start up and "get going" before Security settings stomp on them.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.