07-25-2011 01:53 PM
My husband has an HP pavilion dv7 Entertainment PC and as of last night the touch pad is frozen! I tried a hard reset and starting it in safe mode but even when in safe mode the mouse does not move from the center of the screen. I am not very good with technology and am trying to figure this out. I am unsure of what to do next? CAN ANYONE HELP ME???
07-25-2011 02:06 PM
When you boot into normal mode, Just above the mouse cursor area on touchpad there is a Touchpad ON/OFF button and close to that there is a small LED light.
If the LED light is White it means touchpad is ON and if light is amber it means touchpad is OFF.
I am an HP employee!!
11-24-2011 09:47 AM
I have the solution. What is happening is that you are "deactivating" the mouse by hitting the small white square on the mouse pad. This box turns the mouse pad on and off. To reactivate the mouse pad, simply double tap the white box and your mouse pad shoud reactive. It is has worked every time for me.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)