Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thank you @DavidSMP.  I will definitely use the forum again if I have any othe problems.  Here's to a great weekend to you, as well as, @MrRobot.

Thanks again,

Tameka :generic:

HP Recommended
I had the same fatal error message C0000022 when my laptop dud an automatic update & restarted. Can you help? I don't want to lose everything on thus laptop! 😕

Thanks!!
HP Recommended
Hi @Honeymatt! I know how you feel. Here is what @MrRobot suggested I do.

Try performing a system restore on your PC and then try running the windows update again.

Refer this article https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 to know how to perform a system restore on your PC.

Most probably the issue occurred because the Windows Update failed to download/install correctly.
It may be due to some 3rd party interference or just because of faulty/buggy update from Microsoft - happens occasionally.
1. Please, shut down the computer using the power button
2. Power it on.
3. Keep tapping the F2 key on your PC system diagnostics screen would open.
3. Perform System Test >> Quick test.

Hope this helps.
HP Recommended
Will running windows system restore lose my progeams and files?
HP Recommended
The restore is to get your system back to a point before the issue occurred with the update. It is intended to help with retaining your data. However, the article tells you to not turn your computer off if the update does not complete during the restore. @MrRobot may be able to assist better with this, as he provided me with the information and got me back running.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem as shown above. I've ran the system test and everything passed then I tried the system recovery and when I restarted my computer it keeps trying to pdate and then I get the fatal error code again after it gets to 96%. And suggestions?

HP Recommended
Keeps giving me a fatal error C0000022 operation 41977 of 101223(/regi)
HP Recommended
Hi @Yahudah. I was instructed by @MrRobot to run the recovery first and to make sure you don't turn your PC off if the update is not 100% successful. If update is complete, then run the system diagnostics for the quick test. I hope this helps.
HP Recommended
Hi @Procodeman007,

Try performing a system restore on your PC and then try running the windows update again.

Refer this article https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 to know how to perform a system restore on your PC.

Most probably the issue occurred because the Windows Update failed to download/install correctly.
It may be due to some 3rd party interference or just because of faulty/buggy update from Microsoft - happens occasionally.
1. Please, shut down the computer using the power button
2. Power it on.
3. Keep tapping the F2 key on your PC system diagnostics screen would open.
3. Perform System Test >> Quick test.

Hope this helps.
HP Recommended
@Yahudah, correction. It's system restore, not recovery.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.