Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy x360

I have an hp envy x360 laptop and I forgot the admin password. I want to factory reset it. I changed the password by tapping f9 repeatedly when it was coming on. But now it's saying I need the password that was last used when logging on but I have no idea what it was. Somebody please help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Needhelp_24,

Good Day! Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community. I understand that you have issues with the admin password of your notebook. It will be a delight to assist you here. 😉

You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Kudos to you on that score. It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy customers like you. We greatly value your relationship with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

I would also require the complete model# and the operating system of the unit

First off please do a hard reset. Steps to do it:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.

Do not power up the computer. Please keep tapping the “Esc” Key immediately several times as soon as you power up the unit. Then press the “F10” key to attempt to got to the bios. It will take you to the admin password screen.

1. Enter any random password (ex:12345, abcde, etc) 3 times repeatedly,
  2. After the above step is performed, the below msg would appear on the screen :-
  3. Capture the code mentioned under – “System Disabled” and send me the code. I will try to generate a password unlock code for you. I’ll do all I can to help you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It doesn't have a removeable battery but the model is m6-w103dx 

HP Recommended

Hi @Needhelp_24 ,

I rad your post and reviewed it. Thanks for the reply. Please make sure that you follow the steps provided in the previous post and capture the code mentioned under – “System Disabled” and send me the code. I will try to generate a password unlock code for you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.