Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15 TS Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I constantly freeze due to my pc being at 100% disc usage consistently. Due to the disc usage it causes my laptop to blue screen, I have recieved the following errors:Bad system config info, kernal error in page data, driver power state failure. When at 100% disc usage i only use about 1mb of space.
I use a wireless internet connection.

Before these problems occured I had upgraded to windows 10, soon after the disc usage started to go up more often eventually causing my laptop to blue screen. With this bsod it said that my operating system couldn't be found, so i had to revert back to windows 8 via factory reset. With my first boot up on my factory reset I was still having the same problem as before, but since then my problems and errors keep increasing.
I'm hoping to diagnose my problem and get help before its too late.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Zinchy,

Thank You for the update. Yes you can run an extensive test on the hard drive from the BIOS. Here is a link to guide you.  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎  If the hard drive test OK, I would try the clean install of Windows 10. Please keep me posted.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Zinchy,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that your laptop got the blue screen frequently.

You can follow the document below for troubleshooting:

HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Let me know how it goes.

If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This didn't solve my problem. But using what you provided my disc is no longer always at 100% disc usage,but it now has spurts of 100% disc usage with only a few of the same mentioned blue screens. Using task manager What is at the top of my disc usage are: System, and host services. Thank you for the help so far.

HP Recommended

Hi@Zinchy,

I understand that after upgrading to Windows 10, your disk usage went to 100% and started causing it to blue screen. You did a factory reset back to Windows 8, but you still had a 100% disk usage.  You did not have this issue before the upgrade. Now the disk usage is not always at 100%. 

What is your product or model number of your HP 15 TS notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  Did you create recovery media before you upgraded to Windows 10.  Would you still like to upgrade to Windows 10? Have you checked for viruses and malware? Here is a link that may help you free up some disk space. HP PCs - Resolving Low Disk Space Errors (Windows 10, 😎   Please keep me updated.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello Sparkles1,
My Product number is: KYU01UA#ABA
My Model number is: 15-g124ds
I was unable to create recovery media because the software did not recognize my flash drive for use.
Yes, I would still like to upgrade to windows 10.
I have checked for viruses and malware using McAfee, and none were found.
Lastly, the link you sent about "Hp PCs - Resolving Low Disk Space Errors (Windows 10,8)" Only loaded to a gray screen with no text, so I was unable to utilize it.

HP Recommended

Hi @Zinchy,

Thank you for the update and the requested information. Please try the low disk space link again or try using a different browser. I was able to access the page from the link this morning. If the issue remains, you could try doing a clean install of Windows 10 as this occurred after upgrading and the error message refers to bad system information. How to Clean Install Windows 10. Once you have completed the installation, the do all your Windows updates, then run the HP Support Assistant to aid with any HP updates. Please let me know the results.

To say thanks for helping, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have reinstalled windows 10. but I still occasionally get 100% disc usage.
I believe that the reason that this is still happening is due to my hard drive failing and needing to be replaced.
I have done scans of my hard drive and no errors were detected.
Is there a way to confirm or deny my suspicion. 

HP Recommended

Hi Zinchy,

Thank You for the update. Yes you can run an extensive test on the hard drive from the BIOS. Here is a link to guide you.  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎  If the hard drive test OK, I would try the clean install of Windows 10. Please keep me posted.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have run the extensive hard drive test, came  up with no errors and have clean installed windows 10.

For the most part, my problem has subsided with only a few instances of 100% disc usage & boot device not found errors.

Thank you for solving my problem.

HP Recommended

Hi@Zinchy,

Thank you for the update and I am glad that the issue has been resolved. As you did mention you occasionally still see 100% disk usage, the following link may help. HP Guided Solution - Slow Computer Performance (Windows 10).  

Please consider marking the post that resolved your issue as "Accepted Solution". This would allow other forum members and visitors alike to locate this information with greater ease should they have the same issue. To say thanks for helping, click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below. Have a great weekend!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.