Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab20
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i have had this continuesly problem with playing Microsoft Solitare connected to Xbox Live. After a few hours of playing, with some breaks in between, it starts to lag and it seems like i get lagspikes. So i have to exit the program (app) but the icon down at the desktopbar is still lit with the blue line which indicates that the program is running, but it's not. If i press Ctrl+Alt+Del and then press the task manager, it says that it's not running. This has happened a few times now, like everyday that i play Microsoft Solitare loggod on to my Xbox Live account. 

Yesterday, after had played Microsoft Solitare for a few hours, with breaks in between and the app still running, it happaned again. But this time, it's like the howl Windows 10 operating system froze. The only thing that worked was Ctrl+Alt+Del. So i choosed to log out. I did that around 1AM. It is now 12.35 swedish time, (I'm from Sweden), and its still trying to log out. 

My question is: What happened?! 

I've had this laptop for like 3 weeks and now this?! I don't want to hold down the power button to force it to shut down, no laptop appriciates that. I mean if this continues and i will have to keep force it to shut down like that, it will have a breakdown and i might as well toss it out the window. This sounds to me like a microsoft issue. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Because HP support can kiss my behind for not having support on weekends. So lame...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @denonboss

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you are having an issue with the Microsoft Solitaire App connected to Xbox Live on your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC. 

You had mentioned that it starts to lag and you have to exit the app. 

Have you tried to play Solitaire in Safe mode with Networking?

Does the issue persist?

Have you tried running the Apps troubleshooter?

Here is a document for you to try. It is called Troubleshoot problems with an app

You will see in the document from Microsoft, that it says to try the Apps Troubleshooter first. If the Apps Troubleshooter does not work, it will give you additional steps to try such as: 

• Make sure your PC is up to date
  • Make sure the app isn't blocked by Windows Firewall
  • Check with your System Admin
  • Make sure your apps are up to date
  • Sync App licenses
  • Reinstall the App

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and could you please include your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?)?

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. And im afraid i forgot to mention i have Windows 10! My laptop came with it installed.

Unfortunately the solutions you have provided deosn't help me. Let me explain:

About the firewall: There is no "allow app" in my windows firewall. The Microsoft Solitaire app is in the outbound setting, but not in the inbound. So im pretty lost there.

About entering "safe mode": How do i do that?

I can tell you however that my Pc is up to date and i believe my apps are up to date.

But i can't make sure the app isn't blocked by windows firewall, i don't know how to check with my System Admin and i don't know how to sync app license.

The thing is im still new to Windows 10 so i don't know how it works fully.

The product id is: 00325-95847-96035-AAOEM

HP Recommended

Hi there @denonboss

That is no problem! I can provide you with steps for all of the concerns you had re-posted with.

Is your Notebook part of a network at an organization, like a school, government agency, or business?

To get into Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
  • You will see the sign-in screen,
  • Hold the Shift key down while you select Power
  • Restart.
  • After your PC restarts to the Choose an options screen:
  • Select Troubleshoot
  • Advanced options
  • Startup Settings
  • Restart.
  • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options:
  • Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode.

Source: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Allow an app to receive info through the firewall:

By default, most apps are blocked by Windows Firewall to help make your PC more secure. To work properly, some apps might require you to allow them to receive info through the firewall.

• Down in the bottom right corner you should see a search icon. 
  • Click the Search Icon
  • In the Search box, type Firewall
  • Click Windows Firewall.
  • Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
  • Click Change settings.  You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
  • Select the Check Box next to the app you want to allow, select the network types you want to allow communication on
  • Click OK.

Sync app licenses:  

• To sync your app licenses, follow these steps:
  • Open the Windows Store.
  • Go to Settings.
  • Click App updates.
  • Click Sync licenses.

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' or the 'Accept as Solution' button.

I would be more than happy to continue to help you if you need more assistance.  Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and let me know if the App does the same thing in Safe Mode. 

Thanks!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.