07-22-2010 03:44 AM
I went and did a run-in test and it had came back with "Hard Disk 1 QUICK" (303)
Also said the start-up test failed.
Now I`ve never had any problems with it I was just doing the scans just to see how it would do.
Now its just on a black screen, on start-up the command prompt is there in the top left hand corner for a second and then nothing, just a black screen and the fan is going a fair bit.
I cant do anything cause nothing or any options come up to cancel or bypass to windows.
Anyone have any idea what I can do, to get back into windows??
07-22-2010 10:41 AM
Hi, since the hardware test failed, you will need to replace the hard drive.
Are you are still under warranty?
Did you create a restore CD set?
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)