02-02-2011 01:53 PM
I am having a problem with the HP G62-367DX I purchased from Best Buy. It is locking up and freezing everytime I use it. Is this a common problem with model? If not is there something I can do to fix this issue?
02-02-2011 02:09 PM
From the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'. In to the prompt type the following command and hit enter.
sfc /scannow ( note that there is a space between sfc and the / )
Let the process complete, then type exit and hit enter. Restart the PC.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
03-13-2011 04:23 PM
I found something in another thread. Check your
event viewer and the error message:
Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.
Event ID: 129
I see a lot of them. The fix is to hange the driver AMD SATA Controler from 126.96.36.199 (10/7/2009) to
AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller 6.1.7600.16385 (6/21/2006)
But there must be an upgrade ?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)