04-23-2014 10:30 AM
Ok, the computer will start up but it goes to a light blue screen that looks like light rays, and that's all it does. I can get into the bios to run a memory test and it passes, but when I run the hard disk self test it freezes at 1% and then won't do anything after that and the computer has to be shut down cold. I believe that at one point it was sat in some type of liquid because I had to clean it out of the battery compartment. I need to know what other tests I can run to find out what might be wrong with this computer or if this compter can be salvaged? Thanks
04-24-2014 01:46 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!
I understand the computer will not start up properly. If you are looking for additional hardware tests, this document provides some effective ones: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista)
If you want to try additional troubleshooting steps to address the issue, please try the steps in this HP document: Computer Does not Start
This document contains steps such as resetting the notebook and more, corresponding to the exact symptoms. I believe this document will resolve the issue. If not, I would contact HP phone support for hardware assistance. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)