02-08-2011 06:21 AM
some help me!!! I just got this laptop and my toolbar is all of a sudden gone and my desktop icon r gone!! I was only on facebook havent had it for even 24 hours yet!!!
HP amd trilion pavillion dv5 i think
02-08-2011 06:26 AM
What is the operating system?
Please Identify your laptop with more than I think.
Look at barcode tag on bottome and post all except serial number.
02-08-2011 07:57 AM
Can you access the Start button by using the Windows key on your keyboard?
Start --> type sfc /scannow
select sfc /scannow with your cursor and left click on it to start it.
let it run. The SFC (system file chacker chacks to see that all or your system files are in operable condition. Any that it finds that are corrupt or otherwise damaged, it will replace with clean copies.
After the system file checker is complete restart your PC.
Please post your results here.
02-08-2011 10:55 AM
Well, I tried to menu button and it didnt work. so I did the Cntl+ALt+Del and turned off my computer let it sit for 5 mins then rebooted it. It seems fine now so i dont know if it was just a glitch or what but I will definatly keep it in mind.Thank hyou so much
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)