07-24-2010 11:34 AM
I'm having problems with a HP 550 Notebook. When I go to boot it up the power light comes on and the fan kicks in but the screen stays blank and it never advances from this position.
I was told that removing any media from the laptop could help. I took out the DVD that was left in the laptop and then booted it up and everything seemed to be fine. However after shutting the laptop down and coming back to it later the original problem has retured. The power light is coming on and fan is kicking in but the screen is blank.
I'm completely stuck - any help would be much appreciated.
07-26-2010 01:00 PM
First perform a start-up repair by restarting your computer and pressing the F2 or F12 key (its different for every computer) before the Windows logo appears (assuming you have a partition on you hard drive that has the recovery tools, most do now a days) and select start-up repair and go from there
You can also do a check disk by right-clicking on you C:drive (or you major drive) and select properties then tools and select both boxed and restart
Finally update or re-install you graphics card driver since you your start-up screen is blank.
01-28-2013 12:24 AM
I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TODAY 28TH JANUARY,2013. BUT I LATER FIX IT BY REPAIRING MY SYSTEM THROUGH SYSTEM REPAIR.
THE PROBLEM ENCOUNTER BECOS I FORGOT TO REMOVE MY FLASH DRIVE B4 SWITCHING ON THE LAPTOP.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)