02-19-2012 08:25 PM - edited 02-19-2012 08:33 PM
Computer was working fine, then suddenly froze up, had to power down to restart, when restarted it opened in the window to choose safe mode, etc. Opened in safe mode and everything was working fine. So, rebooted and everything seemed okay, but it never moved past the starting windows screen, had to power off. Tried rebooting and screen opened to repair or boot normally, chose repair, it ran through gave no error messages, but said it was unable to fix itself. Everything was
Windows 7 Home Prem OA operating system, system32
HP Compaq Presario CQ57-229WM
I have seen the replies to create a windows 7 recovery disk. Will that work for this? Will I lose everything on there by using a recovery disk for Windows 7? i.e., work programs/platforms installed and pictures.
Thank you for any help you can give, it is much appreciated.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)