Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-k000 CTO Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Hp Support Assistant wants me to update my bios . . . 

I have two questions in regard to this.

1. The software to flash the bios is not compatiable with windows 10.  Will it be safe to run anyways? (yes, i installed free upgrade to windows 10)

2.  sp71055.exe  f42.ap1 (is the file it is recomended to run for my intel i7, the patch notes (always never enough information) state that it restores or provides original bios. 

my instaled bios version is 

bios verson / date f/34. 12 19 2014

On a previous occasion i believed i did flash the bios already, and was wondering if I needed to restore to the original version, or is that languague used a little 'off' 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The link you provided updated the bios with no ill affects (as of yet !) Thank you for your help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Coffeefreak,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you question about the BIOS update. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

I have checked the support.hp.com website and found the latest BIOS for Windows 10 is HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) Vaersion f.43 Rev.A Released: Aug 15, 2016.

Please click on the link to download then you can run.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The link you provided updated the bios with no ill affects (as of yet !) Thank you for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.