01-21-2013 08:24 PM
I have an Envy 17 laptop and now the touchpad has froze. I cannot get it to work. I have hard rebooted the computer and restarted it in safe mode. It didn't make a difference. The mouse pad is not working either way. Any suggestions?
01-22-2013 03:26 AM
While this could well be a hardware issue, it's worth trying the following.
Shut down the notebook and unplug the AC Adapter. Carry out a 'Forced Reset' for your particular Model as described in the following link.
Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu. Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter. Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)