01-17-2011 09:29 PM
I was watching a movie on my HP Notebook G42-243CL, (the laptop was on my bed), when all of a sudden the laptop completely shuts off with a little "beep". The battery was in the laptop, and it was also hooked up to the power cord. It was a little hot to the touch when I picked it up. It now refuses to turn on. I have tried to take out the battery, remove the power source, hold the power button for 30 seconds and it still will not start up. On the right side of the laptop where the power cord should be inserted, there is a little white light that turns on indicating insertion, (if anyone is familiar). Anyways, that white light does turn on when I insert the power cord.
I'm not to bright with computers and a little frustrated at this point, so any help in Layman's terms would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
01-18-2011 11:40 AM
Sounds like it may have overheated (cloth is a bad surface for laptops) and if it's not turning on after a hard reset something may have been fried. Is it still under warranty?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)