05-13-2012 07:26 AM
On startup, I see a DOS error message for the cooling fan. It tells me to contact HP Support.
Apparently the cooling fan needs to be replaced. The bottom of the laptop in the vicinity of the cooling fan gets hot to the touch;
in other words, it burns you if you touch it.
Who should I contact at HP to replace the fan before i get burned?
05-13-2012 09:36 AM
I would call HP ( the telephone number can be found on the relevant link below ) and explain that the cooling Fan has failed and check if the warranty and get the part repalced.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
05-15-2012 05:38 PM
You may receive more precise answer if you will post full error message.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)