Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have similar problem:

My G62-b50SQ won't display anything

- it work fine over VGA to external monitor

- WiFi can be turned ON and OFF

- on Device Manager window I have only only a STANDARD VGA video card (aldo there should be two: one on board and one dedicated ATI Radeon card)

What to do next in order to find and solve my problem?

HP Recommended
Having the same issue. So devastated. I've tried everything. This notebook is still brand new. My husband got it for me in December. Thankfully i believe it's still under warranty if we can't figure it out.
HP Recommended

Hi @jdmkristen91,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't have a display on the screen anymore,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

What is the Operating System installed on the PC?

Was there any update or reset interrupted recently?

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting this on HP Forums?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, the keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Attempt a Bios Recovery

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2(Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

For more steps, Click here

If you have followed all the steps and still having the issue, I would suggest this could be a hardware issue. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service related options. Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't believe it - an HP representative!

Where were you four years ago when this issue first surfaced?

Or three years ago when a solution appeared?

What could the earlier posters have done differently to have been given help?

(Incidentally, the wrapping it in a sweater and letting it get hot was the only thing that worked for mine, but it worked well - clearly something was not connecting as it should, and the heat was making it expand enough to work, and clearly it affected a few people - shame HP never came to our aid at the time ... )

HP Recommended

These representatives have nothing to offer. The only way I solved this problem after searching for months was to send my laptop to Hp's service center. They said it was a motherboard issue and it was replaced for about 200 or 250$ CAD

HP Recommended
Sadly, wrapping it in a sweater didn't do it & I guess I should've done more research before purchasing. I needed an affordable, trustworthy laptop, & apparently this was not the one. Saddest part is, I truly loved it! It was really nice for the price. I read a lot of good reviews about the one I got,& I thought it'd be all good. I've tried hard reset,& did the Bios thing. Sorry idk how to word the lingo lol I'm under manufacture warranty for 8 more months. Any clue if theyll just fix it or replace it? First time dealing with this. Had a Dell before no issues ever. Just big,.bulky, & outdated. Gave that one to my husband he uses to tune his track car. So now I'm without. So upsetting.
HP Recommended

@jdmkristen91

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, usually it's a dead motherboard, you can still use your computer as decoration.

What's fun is that i got a dozen of those HP with the orange wifi this year and almost the same number last year... some within months after purchase, a lot right after warranty (1 year) most of them right after 2 years basically 95% on cheap ones, celeron, core i3... just one was an  i7 where the post couldn't complete (chip was changed, no results) motherboard change worked but it wasn't the same, it was 2 cycle through 3 leds. sometimes it was stuck @2, @ 4 @5, bios was unflashable with newer version : IO error).

HP is just really bad, at least for the models on the european market (france for me) i can't believe i'm saying this but lenovos and asus are much more reliable.

HP Recommended
Absolutely hit the nail on the head. How difficult is it to replace the motherboard? I have to send mine off this week Just wondering if you know about how long it'll take until I'll have it back. My husband paid full price last year, almost $400 (mid December 2016). I got it for Xmas, & used it a whole 3 months. It's been out of commission since then. Really wish I'd of known. Definitely wouldn't have purchased a laptop if I'd of known it would've broke after literally 3 months. Been without a laptop all year. Thank you for this info! I really loved everything about this laptop too. Should've known it was too good to be true.
HP Recommended

Replacing the motherboard takes like half an hour. the main problem is finding one that isn't overpriced. On some chinese websites you can get some under 100$ sometimes for cheap models up to some core I3 4th gen. Don't be affraid it can't be worse quality than what you bought first.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.