Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My HP G71 computer will not power on. It was fine 2 weeks ago then went on holiday, came back and won't power on. Have taken battery out, disconnected power cord. When re-installing the light shows up on the side of the computer where the power adapter goes and the 3 lights come on the front of the notebook but then after a minute or so goes off. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Nothing worked. Computer now in Staples for them to fix. Early indications show that even they don't know.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Perform a hard reset on the Notebook. To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.

• Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
  • Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
  • Disconnect any external devices or peripherals connected to the notebook. Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Did that and nothing happened. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

As hard reset didnt resolve it and you told earlier lights blinks 3 time, kindly check link below for LED sequence and verify if its same

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443366&tmp_track_link=ot_recdoc/c01442956/en_...

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

The light goes on and stays on where the power plug is inserted into the right sight of the pc.

The 3 lights on the pc on the left top side stay lit for about 45 seconds then go out. No blinking at all.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Nothing worked. Computer now in Staples for them to fix. Early indications show that even they don't know.

HP Recommended

same with mine wont fully start up. took back to staples they have no clue, sent out 4 warrenty, sent back and said water damage bull **bleep**. i spent an xtra 150.00 for that

HP Recommended

Staples finally said the mother board was shot. $500. Had to buy a new comuter.

HP Recommended
i plugged in my G71 notebook to power source but it wouldn't charge but th light on the left side keeps blinking help me out
HP Recommended

Hey ARaklef,

I understand you are having an issue with your G71 Notebook not powering on.

If you follow this link it should provide you with a solution.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Please let me know if you require further assistance but include the current Operating System.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.