Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have searched for 3 mons. to find an solution that workes here it is. I used this on a HP 15d035dx Laptop. First you need a 2gb to 4gd USB drive, anything larger won't work. Now you need to erase everything on the drive, then go to this link and download this EFI Recovery Tool  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60001-60500/sp60202.exe to the desk top of a computer that is running ok. Then install this program on your 2gb USB drive.

Now go to HP Support and download the right bios .spxxxx file for your laptop. Run the bios file on the PC that works, it will give you  3 options, use option #3 to copy the bios file to a different location and choose to put them in your documents folder for now. Go to the documents folder and copy and paste the .bin file and .sig files left there by the bios program  to the BIOS/Current/New/Previous folders on your 2gb USB drive.

Pull Battery

Use A/C power only

Install USB Drive

Press and Hold down the Windows button and the B button

Press the power button for 1 second while holding down the other buttons

Release the other buttons after 10 seconds

The recovery install starts

Enjoy !!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Big Thanks , You are aWesOmEEEEE

HP Recommended
Awesome....
however, all those what you have mentioned is not required.
I just used only AC power by removing batteries. Works like charm.
HP Recommended
Life saver, I have been looking for this solution for literally a year this month and was about to chuck the thing. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.