Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP g4-2111tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How to remove completely System Diagnostics (F2) or HP PC hardware Diagnostics UEFI.. from appearing on my laptop when starting windows 7? I push F2 F4 F8 F10.. Its not working at all and still showing black screen (memory test/hard drive check /language/exit). I need to push esc button then exit to get normal windows 7.

Its totally annoying because it never happen before and fyi i already format the laptop, but the problem still persist.

Kindly assist. Thanks.

20151222_171328-1.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @lala458,

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that when you turn on your laptop, it shows the hardware diagnostic test screen instead of regular booting up. I wanted to assist you in this matter.

Have you run the hardware diagnostic test and is everything passed in the test?

If you passed all the tests, and the laptop still starts with the hardware diagnostic test screen, try  to restore the BIOS.

HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @lala458,

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that when you turn on your laptop, it shows the hardware diagnostic test screen instead of regular booting up. I wanted to assist you in this matter.

Have you run the hardware diagnostic test and is everything passed in the test?

If you passed all the tests, and the laptop still starts with the hardware diagnostic test screen, try  to restore the BIOS.

HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.