09-19-2012 09:02 AM
Hi after installing a few microsoft updates I restarted my laptop, only to find it would not boot. I was left with a blank screen, the fan was running and the wifi light was on. After doing a bit of digging around on the forums I found the blink codes and identified it as CPU fault (single blink).
I tried pulling the CPU and refitting it to no avail. After speaking to HP support on the phone to confirm blink error code was correct, I purchased a new CPU and am still getting the same error,
Does anyone have any ideas or advise ?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)