Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi!<br><br>I really need your help guys.<br>I installed some drivers for my iphone, install with no props, when asked to restart, I do.<br><br>(This have nothing to do with the iPhone)<br>When computer automatic power on, no screen is shown, no boot, and all LED's is on.<br><br>1st try:<br>I let i stay that way for 20 mins, when i look to it, the fan is running like hell, and ite hot! - FAILED<br><br>2nd:<br>I let it cool off, and try to power it on with alt key pressed - FAILED<br><br>3rd:<br>I take out AC, then battery and hold down power button for one minute, plug in AC and try again - FAILED<br><br>4th:<br>I take out HD, RAM, RTC battery, let it stand empty for and hour, put it all back - FAILED<br><br>5th:<br>I try to take out only RAM's and plugged them back in every diffrent way i could - FAILED<br><br>6th and last:<br>Plugged out HD, turned on the computer, and it acted like it never had been removed - LOL?<br><br>Im pretty stucked right now, all tests has been done in every diffrent way, with AC in and out.<br>Also had tried with boot cd in, and have read so many post here and on HP support with no luck.<br><br>Oh, and its a HP Pavilion DV6 - 2150so<br>Windows 7 Home Premium x64<br><br><br>HELP!!!!!! 🙂
30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended
Hi!

I really need your help guys.
I installed some drivers for my iphone, install with no props, when asked to restart, I do.

(This have nothing to do with the iPhone)
When computer automatic power on, no screen is shown, no boot, and all LED's is on.

1st try:
I let i stay that way for 20 mins, when i look to it, the fan is running like hell, and ite hot! - FAILED

2nd:
I let it cool off, and try to power it on with alt key pressed - FAILED

3rd:
I take out AC, then battery and hold down power button for one minute, plug in AC and try again - FAILED

4th:
I take out HD, RAM, RTC battery, let it stand empty for and hour, put it all back - FAILED

5th:
I try to take out only RAM's and plugged them back in every diffrent way i could - FAILED

6th and last:
Plugged out HD, turned on the computer, and it acted like it never had been removed - LOL?

Im pretty stucked right now, all tests has been done in every diffrent way, with AC in and out.
Also had tried with boot cd in, and have read so many post here and on HP support with no luck.

Oh, and its a HP Pavilion DV6 - 2150so

HELP!!!!!! 🙂
HP Recommended

I have almost the exact same model as you, Pavilion DV6 - 2140ca.  Had the exact same problem.

My wife kept the power button held down extra long and the unit beeped at us.  When I then attempted a normal startup it fired up no problem.  Give it a try.  I am willing to bet it was a heat problem.  Getting annoyed with this machine as we have had 3 breakdowns in the past 2 months on this, now, 8 month old laptop.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Buy a "chill mat".

It helps a lot! ^^

what you see is what you get
HP Recommended

Did u get any help from HP? Printing photos and computer restarted and did not come back up. keeps saying I/O error.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Mine comes back on if I remove the battery, and  the power cable. Then keep hitting the on/off button until no lights come on. Then I plug in the power and it boots up and eventually I remember to put the battery back in.

What I would like to know is how to stop it doing this.

HP Recommended

1. Disconnect the AC Adapter.2. Remove the Battery.Note : Please see that there are no external devices or cables connected to the Notebook.3. Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.4. Reconnect the AC adapter and do NOT connect the battery now.5. Turn on the Notebook power.If the above instructions doesnot work, try removing and reseating the RAM sticks in the Notebook by following the instructions available from page number in the Manual of the Notebook :http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00737799.pdfTrystarting the Notebook with one RAM module inserted and do try by inserting one RAM stick in another.Additionally, you need to try connecting any Desktop Monitor to the VGA Port of the Notebook, power it on and press the FN and F4 key to get the display on the Desktop Monitor.If this works and you get the display on the Desktop Monitor, the issue is with the LCD Display of the Notebook.Unfortunately, if there is no display in either the LCD of the notebook or the Desktop monitor connected, the issue can be with the Hardware of the Notebook...By the way, your Notbeook may be one of them in which there is a hardware issue discovered and if it is, you can get the Notebook fixed for free...Get the Product Number of the Notebook which can be obtained from the bottom of the Notebook which is indicated by P/N and try to search it from the link provided below :http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01300427 the Product Number of your Notebook is listed in the link above and if it is purchased in US, you can get it repaired for free where you need to contact HP Chat Support.Find more information from the link below :http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00818925 this helps...PS   IF ALL ELSE FAILS ..TRY A FAN TO COOL IT DOWN IT DOES HELP...

HP Recommended

I had the same problem blank screen but led lights and fan on for only a second. 6 months gone bye . hundreds of articles read, watched many you tube vids. download many service and user manuals from hp nothing. then i thought my laptop had the problem like the dv6000,dv9000, tx series with the graphics processor rohs solder i was about to give this computer to a friend to rip apart when on my birthday i see this tech bulletin it said press power button and escape button to get to a recovery  page . well i grabbed the computer  pressed the start button then the esc button nothing, then press both buttons at the same time presto screen comes on asks me to repair computer or start windows normally . i chose repair  I almost @#%$ you think they would have this on there trouble shooting page in stead of taking memory modules out ,disconnecting hard drives ,taking battery out and holding power button down. well it been a couple of days  and writing this from the dv6-2150 that had the problem . well good luck all merry Christmas and if i didnt see that article on the hp site   smack me in the back of the head  . duhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended
noway444 was absolutely right..pressing the start & esc button together powered it up briefly.. then did the same process again taking the laptop close to a fan.. and that did the trick.. you guys saved my day..
HP Recommended

If your HP DV6 suddenly won,t start, check if you have got anything connected to it. I was preparing for my Structures exam and last night i left my DV6 on, this morning when i wanted to start it, it won,t start and would only show the HP logo, nothing would work. Then i disconnected the power supply, took the battery out and disconnected the Eposon Stylus printer which was connected to it last night. When i turned it on with only the AC power, it went through. The moral of the story is "Do Not Panic, Check Your Connected Devices- HP might not like them all."

Thanks to noway444, i did panic myself though but you saved my day and probably my computer, because i smashed my old HP literally in the face ( with mouse) about 3 months ago  as it wont write me a CD and it was 3 in the morning.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.