Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have had severe issues with my HP Pavilion G6 Laptop for months now, it actually has gotten to the point where I went and bought another laptop all together.

What it does is the following: When I boot up the lap top it takes about 25-30 minutes to even get to the section where I type in my password. After I finally I get to that and type in my password it takes a following 30-35 minutes for it to even load my desk top. (I have to keep wiggling the mouse during this time, because it goes to the screen saver it freezes and doesn't turn on at all) 

After I finally get to the desk top, it takes about 10-15 minutes to open up a singular folder (you read it right, folder. Not my internet browser or anything of that nature. I wouldn't even dare to attempt this at this state.) the thing is my sister has all of my nephews on this laptop and this is the only place she has them. So we are attempting to save them before I reformat this thing to see if it works to fix the problem.

I was thinking about buying A SATA To USB drive to see if that works, but when I tried to plug in my thumb drive to her lap top it doesn't even register it. so I am worried about wasting 35.00 for the Sata to USB in fear it will not take/register.

Has anybody have had this happen before? It is a nightmare. Waiting 30-35 minutes a pop to open a singular folder, then wait an addition 10-15 minutes for all the pictures to load in the folder is quite disgruntling. 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

How much free space does it have on its HDD? If the harddrive is filled to capacity it will take a LONG time to do anything.

Furthermore, it is also likely that you have contracted some nasty pieces of software off the internet.

In either case I recommend a full system reformat/reinstall.

If there is anything you wish to keep on the HDD, then I suggest you install the HDD in another computer and get your files to keep off of it that way.

HP Recommended
Hey i need some help im having like the same problem but the thing is i cant even get on my pc to reset it after i type password which takes like 20 mins to get to its a black screen with the desktop bar on the bottom its blue and it just sits there... Any suggestions
HP Recommended

Its probably HDD with LOts of bad sectors , its beyond repair state , ull have to buy new one.

HP Recommended
Dang
HP Recommended
Now it went to a black screen
HP Recommended
Is there anything i can try? Or is it done
HP Recommended

Or it could be overheating , laptop cuts performance and becomes really slow , was laptop getting hot? , fan spinning like crazy?

HP Recommended
Nope it never got really hot
HP Recommended
And the fan sounds like its running slow like my laptop never gets loud it like stays with one sound doesnt get loud like it use to
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.