07-31-2011 01:42 PM
My boyfriend has a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC and it is not turning on correctly. It is running very slow. I don't believe it is Malware as a check was just done. Also, Norton is used, but I don't think it has anything to do with that. Could the power supply be an issue. He has an external harddrive and it is now unplugged and everything looks completely different on the screen.
Power on and offs have been performed and it seems to not do anything in a positive manner.....
Sorry for the ramble. I am not technically savvy.
08-01-2011 08:16 PM
Have him enter BIOS setup by holding /tapping the F10 key immediately after powering on the laptop.Use Diagnostics to test the hdd.
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)