03-31-2012 10:50 AM
Just purchased the HP Pavilion dv6 with blu-ray player.
I have tried to play three blu-ray movies: Columbiana, Tower Heist, and Immortals.
Each of these movies cause the Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 software to freeze during the movie. Once it freezes, it will not continue to play.
Please help. I would like to keep this notebook but only if it plays blu-ray movies reliably.
03-31-2012 11:43 AM
I would suggest trying a clean installation, so open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 and select Uninstall.
When this process has completed, restart the notebook.
Now download and install the latest version of PowerDVD10 from the link below.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)