Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

I tried everything that was suggested to me in an attempt to overcome the problem.  Unfortunately, nothing worked so I sold it as scrap and purchased a new one.

Sorry that I cannot help.

HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Black-Screen-Pavilion-g7-1173dx-Notebook-PC/...

May provide you a solution if you are willing to do a bit of work.

HP Recommended
I also have an HP pavilion g7 I use it solely to play movies for my son since it has a bluray player I hook it to my TV via HDMI cord for the past 5 months my screen has flickered and pixelated while playing movies even DVDs the only way I have been able to stop that was to turn it off and let it restart but it kept happening well yesterday it started to flicker so i shut it down i went to turn it on and no screen my power light caps lock and wifi keys all light up my fan kicks on and stays on and no even connected via hdmi there is no signal to my tv,I have replaced my ram with 2 completely new sticks which is what HP tryed saying was the problem. This is my second HP laptop that the screen has just stopped working for no probable reason! Maybe I should just have bought a dell but I love HP and this laptop was supposed to be great I bought it in 2013 6 months after my other one crapped out. My hard drive was put in my boyfriends HP g62 and his laptop works just fine with my drive in it but his won't support bluray files and my HP is newer than his and in better condition. Please help me solve this.
HP Recommended
Hello I also have a hp pavilion g7 laptop i didn't used it for a while. I turned it back on last night it worked fine for a while after I put it on ac mode the laptop worked fine for a while then the screen started to show lines and turned off when I close the lid and opened it again it worked for a while then showed lines and turned off is there any solution to this?
HP Recommended

Hi,
I'm glad to write this. I own 2 of those laptops(Pavilion g7). Both had the same problem you wrote about(black screen and nothing happened no matter what I did). I however solved the problem.
The solution is however quite technical... You have to tear apart tha laptop, so you gad motherboard out. (you have YT videos how to...).

After that you go to oven(yeah...the real oven :)), you set the temperature to 200°C and you wait until the oven is that hot, after that you put ALU foil on metal baking dish(check that metal baking dish is flat), put the motherboard on ALU foil and put it in the oven for 8 minutes. After that take the metal baking dish out and leave it to cool down. After that, you simply put everything back together and WUALA, it works :).
Since I had the same problem with both laptops I did the same procedure with both and they both now work like a charm.

I hope you all didn't give up on this 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.