Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP probook was working fine till this morning it just turned itself off and now wont power up at all no lights etc. I then tried another battery I had and when plugged in the orange light will now show to say charging with this battery unlike my other one but still no power or anything, keep pressing and holding the power button but nothing happens? Any help on this or if its a known fault would be great?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Joeym90 wrote:

My HP probook was working fine till this morning it just turned itself off and now wont power up at all no lights etc. I then tried another battery I had and when plugged in the orange light will now show to say charging with this battery unlike my other one but still no power or anything, keep pressing and holding the power button but nothing happens? Any help on this or if its a known fault would be great?

try a hard reset:

Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
press the power button

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Joeym90 wrote:

try a hard reset:

press the power button

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Worked like a charm, something so simple but thanks for the help

HP Recommended

i was on my laptop 2 weeks ago and it just suddently turned off and was somking , it poweres up for a mere scond and shuts off

the lights come on. next morning i pluged in the ac charger and that started to smoke. i left it for 10 miniuites and then plugged it back in. the ac charger and the laptop went up in sparks. please help

HP Recommended

i have the same problem with my 4520s. the power button light  is coming on anf off contineusly. i try your suggestion and kept it pressed for more than a minute as you explained but nothing happened. 

please help

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  This did not work for me.  The charging light comes on blinking yellow, then green, and then ... nothing.  I have tried it without the battery and with the battery.  Same thing.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

The morherboard has been replaced and the latpot works fine. Thanks God it was under warranty.

P.

HP Recommended
This was my situation exactly.  And Erico's solution worked for me!
@Joeym90 wrote:

try a hard reset:

press the power button

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended
My hp probook 4411s refuse to on or charge. The charger got burnt a month ago and i just got a new one and it didnt charge or on even with the battery out. Please what do i do
HP Recommended

I got a Windowes  blue screen and my Probook 4720s crashed, the blue screen completed the memory dump  and the laptop shut down.   Now it wont boot up. When I press the power button the Power button and the wireless key lit and flash together once every 5-6 seconds.

Any hint on how to proceed?

Regards

Armando

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.