Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The suggested work around worked nicely, thank you.  My setup is an Elitebook 2730p with Win-7 Ultimate 64-bit.  It seems that the silent setup that HP uses by default is a bit sloppy and never really finishes...  But this work around is just fine! :generic:

HP Recommended

PHDSG:

I have a Compac Presario CQ5000, and when I first encountered the problem, there were no solutions yet, and I haven't had time until now to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot Philippe, that seems to have cleared it up.  

--MGM 

HP Recommended

@M3333hp wrote:

RE: ProBook 4530s, Windows 7 64-bit

The problem is that after an automatic update of my HP Support Assistant yesterday I now have a small panel in the lower right that says: "HP Support Assiatant, Restart needed" with options to select "Remind me in 1 day (etc)"

I have restarted the computer a number of times but this panel keeps coming back every time.

I called HP support for business notebooks at 1-(800)-334-5144 and a case was opened, but all they did was have me take out the battery and hold down the on-off button for 30 seconds, but the Restart needed panel keeps coming back. Now when I call that 1-800 number again and go through the initial automated routing, the line goes dead. Various other HP Support phone numbers that I have called routed me back to that same 1-800 number, so I am stuck.

I see from a Google search that this problem is an epidemic with HP notebooks. I need this panel gone or it will restart my notebook in the middle of work I am doing.

My notebook is still in warranty.    I don't understand why I can't get this fixed.

HP Recommended

@Quikemc wrote:

The suggested work around worked nicely, thank you.  My setup is an Elitebook 2730p with Win-7 Ultimate 64-bit.  It seems that the silent setup that HP uses by default is a bit sloppy and never really finishes...  But this work around is just fine! :generic:

HP Recommended

Brilliant: this worked for me as well!

Thanks Philippe!

HP Recommended

I need to get the solution for this problem

HP Recommended

@feijao, did you try the steps above? 

What was the outcome to the steps?

Could you also give me the full model name and number of the notebook that you have?

I look forward to your response. 

THX

HP Recommended

Excellant Philippe,

Yes That work around worked for me!!! That annoying restart message dissapeared...

Wonder how you got that Idea???

Any ways it worked for us. Thank you.

@PHDSG wrote:

Hello Dragon, M3333HP, Kilgin,

Here is a workaround that works on my computer Envy Windows 7 Ultimate to install the HSA 7.0.39.15 over the 6.1.12.1

1. I donwloaded from HP the new SP58915, the HSA HP support package.
  2. I installed it above the 6.1.12.1 and indeed I fell prey to this continuous "restart needed"  popup.
  3. Then I went to c:\swsetup\sp58915\ directory, the installation directory created by the SP58915 setup, and I ran the UninstallHPSA.exe unistaller. The uninstall process went until its end without any problem.
  4. I went back to to c:\swsetup\sp58915\ directory and relaunched the setup.exe file. At the end, a last process started: "completing installation"   - that I never saw with the first install above 6 - and I got the message "installation complete"... and HSA was indeed running.
  5. At restart now, HSA is loaded correctly without any problem or intempestive popup.

I tested this workaround 2 times (restoring my initial config) with the same positive result...

I hope this can also work for you...

Have a nice week end,

Philippe

HP Recommended

@AdonaisBride, I'm glad the work around resolve the issue. 

If you have any more questions let us know.

THX

HP Recommended

Thank you

Phillipe

I would like to share my another problem with my pavillion dv6t model that whenever i plugin my reliance netconnect+ modem i get blue death screen error. I am really fed up of this thing. Please help me i would be really thankfull for it.

akashkhattri

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.