01-28-2011 07:27 PM
For the last few days my notebook has been freezing after 5-10 mins of streaming video or playing any kind of video game. I have had the notebook for a little over a year now and this is the first time this has happened. I have cleaned out the air vents and such as I thought it was overheating, but it still freezes even though its no where near hot enough to cause it to shut down. Anyone else experience this same problem?
01-31-2011 09:19 AM
Have you tried a check disk? Here's a guide from Microsoft to do that:
03-28-2011 07:09 AM
Have you tried the suggestion by Knute?
It also may be worth running diagnostics from the bios. Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu. Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab, you should find the facility to run tests on the Hard Drive and Memory. Run both tests and post back with the results.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
04-25-2015 12:36 PM
kindly i want you help !!!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)