Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HDY0H076010
Microsoft Windows XP
I tried to restore my notebook back to its factory settings and it went up to 54% then it said an error had occurred and it wouldn't go any further and turned itself off. When I now try to boot up the notebook it loads but only to the HP logo then just flashes on and off
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Which Stream product do you have?

There should be a label with very small print that has the product number. 

Can you post it here in your thread?

Try to reset your Stream in the following manner:

"Re: Power Off your device, press Volume down button first, then press Power button for 3 - 5 seconds (do not let go of the volume down button). Startup menu will appear, select F10 and change the system date to one early in 2016. Press F10 to save the change.  Power Off your device, press Volume down button first, then press Power button for 3 - 5 seconds (do not let go of the volume down button) to invoke the startup menu again. Now press  F11 System recovery on the mini Screen Keyboard."

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Which Stream product do you have?

There should be a label with very small print that has the product number. 

Can you post it here in your thread?

Try to reset your Stream in the following manner:

"Re: Power Off your device, press Volume down button first, then press Power button for 3 - 5 seconds (do not let go of the volume down button). Startup menu will appear, select F10 and change the system date to one early in 2016. Press F10 to save the change.  Power Off your device, press Volume down button first, then press Power button for 3 - 5 seconds (do not let go of the volume down button) to invoke the startup menu again. Now press  F11 System recovery on the mini Screen Keyboard."

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply

I was able to get to do F11 but it still wouldn't allow me past the screen with the option of 'restart system, reset system or dinostict check' i tried them all and kept having the same issue. So I took it into an expert and apparently I had a lot of internet background files which were stopping the update??? And which was also stopping the windows 10 update.

So far so good it's working 👍
HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem and it's so frustrating omigod. Anyways so when you took the issue to a professional how did they fix the issue? Or did they tell you? I'd really love a reply so thanks 🙏
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.