03-27-2014 02:58 PM
I have no idea what I'm doing. IE suddenly froze, so I ran Malwarebytes, which suddenly freezes at the same spot, office15\root\office 15\pubwiz and then something else (bizcard.dvb or something different each time.). I figure I've got malware so I tried a system restore to a few weeks ago, and i'm stuck with "system restore is initializing." I've tried to do malwarebytes scan and system restore in safe mode, to no avail. I can't open IE, so I can't download hijack this. Ugh! The computer tells me that I can't enable Windows Defender, as well, for some reason.
03-31-2014 11:11 AM
Welcome to the HPCommunity, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I see that you are having some malware problems. I would suggest that you try a Refreshing your Windows 8. If that doesn't work then you are looking at doing a full system recovery.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)