03-15-2011 10:45 PM
Im experiencing continous high CPU usage on my HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, but it only occurs when i switch to the high performance GPU.
Whenever i open a program like photoshop or by just surfing the internet, the CPU usage spikes to 90-100% and it stays there until i change the GPU to the Power Saving mode. Ive searched everywhere for an answer, but i haven't seen any problems similar to this.
Thanks in advance.
03-16-2011 12:40 PM - edited 03-16-2011 12:56 PM
It is constantly at a high percentage and i cannot run any programs or applications because of the system running extremely slow. I always have to have it on the Power Saving mode.
03-21-2011 08:13 PM
Does this happen when you are running the computer where ac adaptor is plugged in or is it when running battery?
I am an HP employee!!
04-27-2011 11:55 PM
02-06-2012 06:53 PM
Hi =) Whats the best performance setting for the Dv7 it just doesnt look like the machine its supossed to be even games with 3,4 years im having framerate problems = S Thank you = D
04-20-2012 06:12 PM
Thanks for the advice... this happens to me a lot and it's really frustrating...
Would you please describe how I can set the minimum cpu usage when on high performance in the control panel?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)