Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP envy m6-K015dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to install a fresh copy of windows 10 but currently it doesn not show any option to boot from usb. Only two options are available i.e. OS boot manager, BOOT from EFI file. To change the boot order, I need to go into BIOS but it asks for administrator password.

I dont recall setting the BIOS password on my latop, yet I have tried some of the passwords mentioned on the forums but neither of them worked. I cannot remove CMOS battery which is one of the solution, as it requires to me to dismantle the laptop.

Kindly suggest me any solution as I haven't been able to figure it out from any other sources.

Note: USB is made bootable and is working perectly on other pc.

System info:-

HP envy m6-K015dx

Windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Itkhan.

When asked for the password enter   60862899

REO

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Itkhan.

When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times.

Post any halt code.

REO

HP Recommended

It says, System disabled and displays the following code:-

HP Recommended

Itkhan.

When asked for the password enter   60862899

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks for the effort, it worked perfectly 

HP Recommended

Your welcome Itkhan.

REO

HP Recommended
Hi if you could help me my HP 2000 system disabled code is 60798470
HP Recommended

Beanie.

Enter   75690476

REO

HP Recommended
Invalid password
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.