Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 250
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Error occurs during startup of Ubuntu Installation. Sometimes I'll get to the Welcome screen just like this, the screen will just glitch out, or will simply freeze during the loading icon.

• nvidia GTS 250
  • Intel Core i7 920
  • 9 GB Memory

I was able to install 12.04.1, but after performing upgrade to 12.10 it get the same problem on startup; glitches in graphics, missing content etc. Also noticed after the upgrade, I'm no longer able to connect to internet; neither ethernet or wifi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Boot using live disc. Hold down shift to get to boot options. You should get a menu to try Ubuntu before installing, Install to disc etc etc. Hit F6 and choose nomodeset, then press escape. Choose the boot option you want. If you get in then you will likely need install the proprietary driver for you card.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Boot using live disc. Hold down shift to get to boot options. You should get a menu to try Ubuntu before installing, Install to disc etc etc. Hit F6 and choose nomodeset, then press escape. Choose the boot option you want. If you get in then you will likely need install the proprietary driver for you card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.