Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-272wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Laptop will not boot. Device charged all night. Tried removing the battery and booting with just the adapter. Tried holding the power button for 30 seconds after removing all power sources, nothing. Device turns on after lifting the lid of only the battery is installed without being plugged in. But then dies a few seconds after, never even gets to a boot screen. Help....
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Kmarion76,

Welcome to HP Forums a great way to get support. Thanks for your post. I see that you have issues firing up your unit. I’ll be glad to assist you.A commendable job was done by trying to power up the unit without the battery and performing a hard reset on the computer. Kudos to you for a job brilliantly done.

At the outset, it looks like a hardware issue with the unit. To assist you better I would require some information.

Please let me know if there is a light by the power port of the unit where the charger plugs in?

What’s the color of the light?

The reason the computer powers on for a few seconds and powers down again could be because the battery may not have been charged at all. Please try a different compatible charger if you could get hold of one.

Please visit this link for further assistance:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/7527799/model/8888505/document/c0471847...

If this does not work, please contact phone support by visiting this link http://hp.com/contacthp

to get the unit serviced.

Please revert for any clarifications. I will be at your service. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts. If it  helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”. If you require further assistance let me know and I will do all I can to help.

Thanks and have a super week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I am helping a friend with his not book its an Hp 15-f272 that will not start I have tryed with and with out hte battery all i get is a blue light at the power on indecater light on the front right hand side at the power add. port nothing at all oh the light i get is also bilnking slowly it comes on then goes off then back on stays on for a bit then goes off again any help you can give would help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.