08-27-2012 03:33 PM
I have an HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx running Windows Vista, and recently I became bored, so I decided to get around to the updates that the control panel told me to do. When I restarted the computer, the touchpad stopped working. I tried moving it around, but nothing happened. Everything else worked other than that, though. I tried restarting, disabling th mouse, pulling the battery out, and using a seperate mouse, and none of them worked. The seperate mouse has a light on the wireless stick to say that it's working, but it only flickers on for a second or so, when it should stay on. It works on a different computer, though.
I can't take it to a repair shop, because right now I have an embarrassing wallpaper that I don't want to let anyone see. Also, the screws are rusted/molded over, so I can't open the computerto see the hardware. I've had the computer for 5+ years now, so it might just be old.
If you have any suggestions, please tell me!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)