03-20-2017 01:56 PM
I have tried every suggested tip, but to no avail. The ONLY reaction I get is the Caps Lock diode blinking twice....
03-20-2017 02:11 PM
LEDs blink 2 times
BIOS corruption failure
If a BIOS corruption error occurs, you may not even notice the blink codes, because as soon as the computer recognizes the error, it restarts, attempts to recover the BIOS, and then restarts again. You might notice an extra-long startup process as a result, and a message indicating that the BIOS has been recovered may display on startup. If this occurs, update the BIOS on the computer. For more information, see Updating the BIOS.
If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:
By following these steps the BIOS will reach the EFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive.
For information on how to restore the BIOS refer to the HP support document: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)