Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 650
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Dear people,

Hopefully you guys can help me with a problem.

I am afraid I deleted an essential aspect of my system. My DVD RW drive(E) doesn't recognize or read any disc so I tried to find a solution. In this article I found the potential solution. But when I was following these steps I assumed I was in the map 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 since I unfolded this map. But after deleting the upper and lowerfilters it seemed like I accidentally selected 2 or 3 maps beneath the correct map. If I remember correctly this map was named 4D36E966a 4D36E966a 4D36E966b or 4D36E966c. Naively I restarted the computer as I had been told.

Then the real problem occured. After restarting the computer, this error showed up:

😞
Your PC Ran Into a Problem and Needs to Restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. (0%)If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

By the way. It was very difficult to determine what this error was showing because in less then 1 second the computer shuts down. After shutting down the computer restarts automatically. Then it says: Preparing Automatic Repair. After this the screen becomes black. The only thing I can see is my cursor after moving my mouse. Nothing happens after this. Also not after a few hours.

I tried to find the solutions in other topics and the YT video for example but I wasn't able to find the solution. Does somebody have any ideas? I am very gratefull if you do!

Thank you in advance.

Jeroen

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.