Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

When I start the computer I have a black screen with a rectangular blue box. I enert my admin number and the computer acts normal with the signin screen. I enter my my admin info and I get "Welcome" on the screen, so far OK. Then I get "Installing Windows" message. After a while I get "Cannot signin message. I restart the computer and then it is normal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DaveBaz1

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

As I understand you are unable to sign into windows after the message - "installing windows", you've also mentioned that after a restart it's normal, do you mean "normal" as it does the same thing over and over again or that it boots into your desktop as it normally should?

Please reply with your product number & windows operating system used as well (please keep in mind that you don't share any personal info, such as phone, serial number, email id, etc..).

I would appreciate the clarification so that I may provide an accurate solution, thank you in advance! 🙂

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DaveBaz1

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

As I understand you are unable to sign into windows after the message - "installing windows", you've also mentioned that after a restart it's normal, do you mean "normal" as it does the same thing over and over again or that it boots into your desktop as it normally should?

Please reply with your product number & windows operating system used as well (please keep in mind that you don't share any personal info, such as phone, serial number, email id, etc..).

I would appreciate the clarification so that I may provide an accurate solution, thank you in advance! 🙂

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a HP ENVY notebook q67nr with Windows 10. What I meant was after I restarted the computer there was no problem, the computer was ready to go. I did the following and it seems to have fixed the problem. I restarted in "safe mode with networking" . I restarted the computer and it worked properly. I also did a "Hard reset" This fixed the problem.

Thank you for the responce, hope this helps others.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.