Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Greetings!

The problem: Hp 2570p - only Caps lock LED endless blinking and later cooler "blows".

Mainboard error or BIOS? other?

Thx!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfmEZTWTVfU&feature=youtu.be

HP Recommended
My hp laptop caps lock is blinking but doesn't boot up...please help
HP Recommended

I was getting the two blinks code.

I tried to hard boot, boot with windows+B and windows+b+usb key without luck.

Finally I fix it opening the laptop and disconnecting from the motherboard the battery and the small battery and waiting one minute. That resets the state of the BIOS (seems that it was corrupt)

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and tried the following diagnostics https://tune.pk/video/2554018/hp-g62-will-not-boot---black-screen-of-death-fix .  I found it my video chip had worked it way loose and it had to be reflowed similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VldNJ7IvWhY.  I used a butane torch instead constantly moving it around the chip for 10 seconds to reflow the loose solder contacts.  

HP Recommended

I wish I could help u. Mine did the same thing. I power mine on, cover the vents, get it hot then turn it off and back on and it comes on. U can try and turn it on that way. See if it works good while it is on.  I even restored mine and it still does the same thing. When I clicked on the Amd control or Ati control. One of those. My screen went black and pc shut down. Now, it won't stay on very long except in safemode.  Please let me know if u find the answer and I'll be sure to let u know as well.

HP Recommended

Try this, it worked for me:

1 - Unscrew the access panel at the bottom of the laptop

2 - Remove the CMOS battery (it's a bit tricky but should pop out with a bit of prying)

3 - Wait three minutes

4 - Boot up the laptop (with the CMOS battery still out) and you should get a CMOS reset error

5 - Press 'Enter' and it should boot successfully

6 - Shutdown windows and power off the laptop

7 - Replace the CMOS battery

8 - Boot the laptop back up and hopefully it should now work.

HP Recommended
I have HP ENVY 15 J133TX and it will not boot too. Caps lock led blinking non stop but one blink only. WiFi led is on always
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion won't turn on. Screen is,black and caps light keeps blinking. How can I get my laptop to work?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion won't turn on. Screen is,black and caps light keeps blinking. How can I get my laptop to work?

Nothing on screen. Just black. Will not turn on...
HP Recommended
This is a very old thread. My experience was I sent it back to hp under warrentee and they sent I back and said it was unrepairable. Apparently our employee did not tell us she dumped a cup of coffee on it. Our issue was because of water. Hp said we needed a new main board and that was the reason for the error we faced.
(And perhaps more parts)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.