Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've had this computer for a little over a year and never had any problems with it. It was working fine this morning and I shut the lid to go do stuff but when i returned and tried to turn on the laptop it started beeping about every five seconds. The screen is black and I am unable to turn it on or off. It just stays at a black screen beeping every five seconds. I've tried holding the power button to turn it off but it wont do anything. It just keeps beeping every five seconds. Help!! 

There were no error messages before I turned off my laptop and nothing like this has ever happen. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @dapperamber,

In order to provide specifics we would need your model and number (i.e.:  HP Elitebook 8470p).  You should be able to find this on the bottom of your notebook or under the battery.

You can also get a list of beep codes, what they mean, and how to reolve them at HP.COM and select Support option and follow the prompts.  

Thank you,

Jeorgie,

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi dapperamber ,

Pls carefully observe the caps lock led on the keyboard if any, a blink pattern of led on keyboard may provide a clue of the issue and fix- if you see any pattern , pls take a corrective action as per below HP Link

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01732674

Regards

Happy2help

I am HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.