Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 15 ah-151sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My laptop recently overheated and shut down so I legt it for a while to let it cool down. But when i went to go on it again it got up to the hp logo when it starts up with the little circle loading thing, after that the hp logo dissapeared leaving only the little loading circle which stays there an after a while i can move the mouse and theres a text box i can type in but i cant see it (I assume it was the login screen). So i went and typed my password and the mouse dissapeared and the screen went white like when a program stops responding. Ive read methods on how to fix it but they all say taking the battery out and that but i dont want to void my warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cfraser02

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is not booting into windows anymore instead all you get is a black screen,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Although, I need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

Was any update process interrupted, recently?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

Have you attempted any steps of your own to solve the issue?

What steps are you referring to? the one you think would void the warranty?

In the meantime, please attempt the below steps:

Perform a hard reset

Attempt a BIOS recovery

Run the System Diagnostics tests

For more steps, click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you. 
If they did, that’s awesome! 
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.