Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Okay Checked The Chart I Think It Is Temp Problem You GPU Is Getting Upto 170F That Is Very Hot Maybe To Hot For A Laptop

You Can Try This:

Clean The Laptop Fan

And Take Box Fans And Blow The Air On The Laptop

HP Recommended

One More Thing:

You Have A NVIDIA Quadro fx 880M

NVIDIA Quadro GPUs Are For Graphic Programs

NVIDIA GeForce GPUs Are Gaming Graphics

Therefore The Drivers For The Chip Are Not Certified For Gaming And The Chip Is Not Ether So What Will Happen Is You Will Notice Incompatibility With Games As None Are Maid For The NVIDIA Quadro Platform

HP Recommended

I have already thoroughly cleaned the fan, heatsink and area around my videocard, and even tried benchmarking it with the keyboard lifted and while blowing ait over the GPU to cool it, but it didn't seem to have a great effect. Do you want me to make a new benchmark for you with that situation?

Also, i realise my Quadro card and its drivers aren't designed for gaming, but since it was my only option for a graphics card at that time, i have to make due with it. Is there any way to trick the card into behaving more like a gaming videocard, like using adapted GeForce drivers? I'm not an expert so forgive me if i suggest something idiotic. I've already overclocked it a little bit to see if that would fix anything. It made general operation of the game more smooth, but didn't change anything about the freezing (not worse, not better). Included is the HD tune graph (i hope).HDTune_Benchmark_TOSHIBA_MK3261GSYN.png

HP Recommended

Yeah Make A Benchmark With Everything On

HP Recommended

You Could Also Try To Set The Computer To High Performance in The Power Plans

And See If There Is A Performance Option In The Graphics Card Control Panel If There Is Try To Set It To Maximum Performance

And Try To Set All The Other Graphics Settings To Low Or Off In The Control Panel

HP Recommended

Here are 2 more monitors i made. First one is while browsing forums, second one while playing War Thunder (single player, lowest settings).

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/34hz0wn/8

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/34jdimc/8

What other things would you like to see activated in the plot? i understand you might want to see different things, but if i just mark them all the plots get too cluttered. Thanks for your time!

HP Recommended

Hi: There I Okay I Looked At The Chart It Looks Everything Is Good Except You Core Clock Is Only 675MHz Which Could Be Causing It To Skip FPS Or Stall To Load Into GPU Memory Your Memory & Shader Are Good: However The Core Clock Is Getting Maxed Out.

I Did Research On You GPU On Game-Debate.com A Very Good Source I Use:

And Your PC Should Run On Lowest Settings But It Will Be Skipping Frames Or Stalling Do To The Core Clock Being Only 550MHz You Might Have Overclocked But It Probably Will Not Work: 

And Memory Bus Bandwidth It Is Very Low At Only 25.6GB/s You Need 60GB/s in Higher Now However Should Not Be a Problem When Running On Low Settings

And Again Like Said Before This Is a Big GPU in 2010 for Professional Graphics Solution Not For Gaming; We Can Try To Keep Trying to Make It Better but I Do Not Know: I Hope For You: You Can Find A Way! Because It Sucks When You Can Not Game I Know I Went A Year Before I Got HP OMEN With GeForce GTX 860M In 2014 After Buying A HP ENVY In 2013 That Could Not Game:

I' Am Very Happy Now But It Took A Year To Upgrade.

Hang In There Maybe We Can Fix It Or Maybe In The Near Future You Will Be Able To Afford A New Gaming PC!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.