Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy 17-ji30ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Screen is stuck at hp logo and spinning wheel. Tested Hard drive 1 and failed. Failure ID: 9LMAM1-73E85H-MFGH61-60TG03. Unsure on what to do, help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi calamity17, 

Thank you for your reply! 

If you fill out the form on the contact HP site, it will provide you the number, even if your warranty has expired. 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @calamity17

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post that your HP Envy 17-ji30ea Notebook will not start. I am happy to look into this for you! 

Perform a hard reset

Perform a hard reset of your notebook computer before you try any other troubleshooting steps.

Reasons for a hard resetA hard reset has the following effects:

• Clears the memory.

• Reestablishes the connection between the BIOS and the hardware

The following conditions can be helped by the hard reset:

• Windows stops responding.

• The display suddenly goes blank.

• The computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate modes.

• Software applications freeze or fail to respond.

Hard reset a notebook with removable battery

Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on notebooks with removable batteries.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

6. Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

9. On the Options screen, select Continue and continue to Windows 10.

10. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.

11. Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.

After you have completed these steps, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.

Hard reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery

NOTE:

You should not attempt to remove a sealed battery. Doing so can void your warranty.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. If your notebook is listed in the table, use the instructions specific to your computer. For all other notebooks, press and hold the Powerbutton for 8-10 seconds.

NOTE:

The designated button combination varies by model and production date. If your computer is not listed below, refer to the User Guide for your specific model for the proper button combination.

Common Model Name

Typically Designated Button Combination

HP Envy 17 2D and 3D

Press and hold the Power and the Beats buttons for 8-10 seconds.

HP Envy 15-3000 series

Press and hold the Power and the Beats buttons for 8-10 seconds.

HP Envy 14 SPECTRE

Press and hold the Power and the Mute (on the right side of the palm rest) buttons for 8-10 seconds.

6. Plug the AC adapter back into the computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

8. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.

If this does not resolve the issue continue through this guide, Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10), with the section titled Run the System Diagnostics tests and carry on from there. Let me know what happens! 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post is helpful! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended
The hard reset did not seem to work. I have ran a diagnostics test and I have received the Failure ID: 9LMAM1-73E85H-MFGH61-60TG03. Hard drive seems to have failed.
HP Recommended

Hi calamity17, 

If the hard reset did not resolve the issue, and you have gone through the guide I had provided. Please contact HP phone support for further assistance as the computer will need to be serviced. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
How do I get the contact number if my warranty is finished?
HP Recommended

Hi calamity17, 

If you fill out the form on the contact HP site, it will provide you the number, even if your warranty has expired. 

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.