Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, I got my Hp pavilion g7 laptop a couple of months back it was working fine but two days ago I was installing updates and the laptop automatically turned off and when I tried to turn it on the power button light and the red WiFi light turns on for a second then turned off. I left it then but then the next morning tried to turn it on again this time it turned on saying the message "system fan off" but still booted and Windows turned on I shut it down to avoid further problems but in went back to its old state power on for a second then off. Battery is fine tried it on a friend's laptop and ac power work fine too is there any solution?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Ali_mtz_ak,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What  is your precise model of Pavilion G7 do you have? 

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that you acquired your notebook a couple of months ago. All was working well until you installed some updates. When you tried to restart the notebook, the power, and WiFi lights, light up but then the notebook powered off. You left it for until the next day and it started but you got the message that the system fan was off, but it did boot to Windows. To avoid causing damage due to overheating you powered the notebook off again.  When you tried starting again it again did not start but the WiFi and power light lit for a moment and the notebook powered off. HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. As it did start once, have you tried to start in safe mode?

You normally would not be able to turn the fan off in a notebook.  What updates were you installing? Did you do a BIOS update? Do you hear the fan spin up when you attempt to start it? You can try a hard reset.  HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Ali_mtz_ak,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What  is your precise model of Pavilion G7 do you have? 

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that you acquired your notebook a couple of months ago. All was working well until you installed some updates. When you tried to restart the notebook, the power, and WiFi lights, light up but then the notebook powered off. You left it for until the next day and it started but you got the message that the system fan was off, but it did boot to Windows. To avoid causing damage due to overheating you powered the notebook off again.  When you tried starting again it again did not start but the WiFi and power light lit for a moment and the notebook powered off. HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. As it did start once, have you tried to start in safe mode?

You normally would not be able to turn the fan off in a notebook.  What updates were you installing? Did you do a BIOS update? Do you hear the fan spin up when you attempt to start it? You can try a hard reset.  HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello

First of all thank you for your reply and secondly I'm sorry for replying late.

The updates were the normal windows 10 updates which come every now and then. But I got my laptop checked and it turned out that due to voltage issue my laptop's motherboard was damaged and because of that its was not able to power on . I have been recommended to get  the motherboard replaced. I want to get this laptop runnning because I have a lot of important data on it and all the other accesories like rams, harddrive, battery and dvd rom are all in working condition. So I want to ask is it possible to get the motherboard replaced? 

HP Recommended

Hi @Ali_Amtz_ak

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to get the motherboard replaced on your computer.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I recommend you to contact phone support to get the motherboard replaced. Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.